Pages

About me and this Blog

I am a 12th grade student and this Blog was created in my English class in the International School of SHAPE; German Section. This is a place where I will post my tasks and thoughts around Brave New World and our world today. I would appreciate if you would comment my writings. But first of all you have to read them so I do not want to keep you away from it: Have Fun, or whatever you might feel whilst reading ;)

Would you prefer stability (like in BNW) , our world today or Anarchy?

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stability

Stability is a bit more difficult to describe.
Differing from one world view to another the mere word stability as a self evident term does not exist.
As I do not want to give you a lecture about all the possible social systems (also I do not know enough about it) I just try to give you an impression of what I think stability is.

To me stability is his own opposite, constant change!


That might confuse you a bit, but to me stability is a process, an enduring fight of people who think they were creating something better to live in. The sole problem is, they do not see this. All they do is try to stabilize everything and of course this is what we want, our everyday life with no apartness, is it not?
But somehow we love superhero movies and superevils whom they fight and somehow we would love to not only work everyday but go out there and change something! Always reminding ourselves that when we pass away and did not do anything what a pitiful life in vain we would have had.
'The sablest society can only be as stable as its citizens'  ( I cannot quite remember who said that, maybe I invented it myself which would be really cool )
And if the citizens find themselves in total stability (which is in BNW), which a normal, naturally born and educated person could not bear, then they yearn for a change and if this new idea appers to be the best and it gets through, then I think of stability. In my opinion stability may never mean stagnancy.
To underline this I borrow a phrase that is common in technological affairs: Shift happens! (The original version)




______________________________________
'So long as there are men, there will be wars.'
-Albert Einstein 

1 comment:

  1. now - I do not really understand what you want to demonstrate or prove by the two videos?

    ReplyDelete